Although strong, the teeth can be broken or harmed in many ways. For that reason, dentists over the years have devised numerous dental repair procedures. Dentists offer a wide range of repair procedures for patients with damaged teeth, including crowns and implants. To learn more about these dental repair techniques, keep reading.
Dental crowns are used primarily to restore the tooth’s natural function and appearance after procedures like root canals.
· In some cases of tooth decay, portions of the tooth must be removed. In such cases the tooth can be restored through the use of a crown.
· Crowns are also used to attach bridges, cover implants, protect a cracked tooth, or reinforce an already existing filling. They can also be used to cover up stains or discoloration.
A crown is basically just a synthetic cap made from materials such as porcelain. They are simply placed over the top of the tooth.
If a crown is going to be set, then typically the tooth must be reduced in size in order to fit. The tooth is molded into an impression, which is sent to a special lab where a crown is designed based on its measurements. During this time a temporary crown may be set in place, but the permanent crown will have to be cemented.
The dental implant is a highly significant innovation in the field of dentistry. Dental implants are a much less intrusive alternative to dentures, allowing patients to opt for a more comfortable replacement for missing teeth. dental crowns
Dental Care For Children – Pediatric dentistry from Dublin Metro Dental Group – Children dentist Proud to offer Dental Care for Children. Among the many services we provide are: Dental Care for Infants, Dental Care for Children of all ages.
· A dental implant is a synthetic structure intended to mimic the look and feel of real teeth, used for replacing missing or broken teeth. In some cases, however, dental implants are used simply as support for keeping dentures in place.
· Usually made of metal or ceramic, dental implants are anchored to the jawbone (or some other metal framework that has been mounted inside the mouth).
· Because a specific bone density is required (along with a strong immune system), not everyone will be suitable for a dental implant. If you are interested in receiving dental implants, then you should first consult a physician.
· Dental implants require much more maintenance than other dental appliances. Strict oral hygiene is required for the installation and servicing of a dental implant. Surgery will be necessary to install the implant, and a series of follow-up appointments will also be required.